Dawson Named One of Columbus' 'Healthiest Employers'
On March 27, Dawson was presented an award recognizing the company as one of the Healthiest Employers in Central Ohio. The award, sponsored by Columbus Business First, honors local companies with outstanding health and wellness initiatives. Dawson earned second place in the small business category.
The award was accepted by Mary Noel Moore, Dawson Office & Call Center Recruiter who was voted “Most Fit Employee” at Dawson’s annual company awards gala.
Dawson Wellness launched in January of 2013, with a variety of health and wellness offerings for employees, including:
- System of Strength classes, where associates attend reduced-price fitness classes during their lunch hour
- National Walking Day, a two-mile walk recognized nationally by the American Heart Association, with participants receiving a free healthy lunch upon return to the office
- Six Weeks to Better Health Challenge, encouraging employees to track all physical activity over a six week period, with gift card prizes for the most active participants
- Free healthy snacks always available in Dawson’s employee cafe
- Paid entry fees to community races, including the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon and Cap City Half Marathon
- “Lunch and Learns” featuring expert speakers on topics such as dietary planning, maximizing workout time, and dealing with stress
Dawson’s commitment to health and wellness continues in 2014. Dawson teams participated in the Cap City Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon, and Commit to be Fit 5K in May. The inaugural team for Dawson’s Pelatonia team is in training for the bike ride, which raises money for The James Cancer Center at Ohio State University.
What programs or incentives does your company employ to encourage health and wellness? We’d like to hear from you (and maybe borrow an idea or two). Share your thoughts in the comments below.